The world is getting smaller with the way transportation has evolved through the years. With jumbo jets, bullet trains and other means of ultra-fast transportation, you can visit two or more countries within just a day. If you are a traveling tourist, you can visit a lot more tourist destinations in much less time. If you are planning to hit the road this year, there are dozens of beautiful and interesting places that you can go to. If you are still undecided on your destinations, the following guide about the top 10 travel destinations of 2016 should be able to help you out.
1. Tokyo, Japan – This vibrant city should be in everyone’s travel list. There’s something very unique and inviting about this urban center. The first thing you will notice when you enter the city is the effortless coexistence between the ultramodern and the traditional. Japanese people are very proud of their culture and heritage. This is very evident in the way they live their lives. Whether you are in a bustling city like Tokyo or at a rural village, the Japanese culture still shines through.
2. Palawan, Philippines – This long strip of land hugging the West Philippine Sea is widely considered as one of the most beautiful islands in the planet. It has a warm climate all year round and its white beaches and blue lagoons are among the most pristine in the world. The island is just a few hours away from the capital city of Manila so it’s very accessible.
3. Reykjavik, Iceland – This beautiful city is often ignored by travelers because of the hassle of getting there. However, the long trip is worth it because Iceland has a lot to offer especially if you love the outdoors. Reykjavik is a bustling city with a lot of interesting establishments like art museums, galleries, and of course, their famous steaming hot swimming pools.
4. Galapagos Islands, Ecuador – You will be shocked by the diversity of wildlife that you can see in the Galapagos Islands. There’s a reason why the great Charles Darwin chose these islands to study and gather data for his theory of evolution.
5. Andaman Islands, India – This group of islands offers a ton of fun activities like swimming, snorkeling, water skiing, surfing, scuba diving, and backpacking.
6. Havana, Cuba – This country is starting to open itself up to the world after decades of trying to keep everyone out. Now is the time to visit Havana and the surrounding regions.
7. National Parks in Tanzania – Tanzania is home to some of the most diverse populations of wild animals. Majority of these animals are quarantined in protected national parks. You can tour through these parks by joining a safari.
8. Hawaii – This is the place you should go to if you prefer spending your days surfing blue waves and sunning yourself in a white-sand beach. Hawaii also has towering mountains and volcanoes that you can climb if you want a diversion.
9. Los Angeles, California – Los Angeles is the capital of the world’s entertainment industry. If you want to get up close and personal with Hollywood, this is the city that can quench your curiosity.
10. Paris, France – A tour of Europe will never be complete without a stop in Paris. There’s so many things that you can do in Paris. Visit world-famous museums, eat under the Eiffel Tower, drink exquisite wine at a refinery, you name it, there’s something for everyone.
If you’re planning to go on a vacation this year, you should seriously consider including some of the places discussed above in your itinerary.